PET CT scan is also known as Positron emission tomography, which is one of the types of nuclear medicine imaging test. This test is helpful in measuring the metabolic activity of the cells in the body of humans. It is sued to find out the diseases if the person is suffering from any heart related, brain related or nervous system. It will also help the doctors to diagnose different types of cancer. This test is unique and different from other tests as it is produces the images of the body functions and detect if any kind of changes occurring in the body. It will give actual result about the diseases if person is suffering from.
Patients will come across PET CT scan centers all over India; those who reside in Delhi will also come across with Pet CT scan centers in Delhi, where patients will not have to move for treatment in other place. The technology use in PET scan is combined with the Computer tomography. It is one of the advanced service which is available to patients in the field of diagnosing along with staging, restaging and monitoring the response in order to treat the large numbers of cancers.
How patients should prepare themselves before going for test?
It is important for the patients that they should inform the doctors some points before going for test. It will cover down
- Any allergies if the patients is suffering from
- If you are pregnant
- It is important for the person that they should leave their valuable at home before entering the hospital for test.
- If patients need any kind of interpreting services, then she or he should inform their health care professionals.
- Update your current medications to your doctor before going for treatment.
At the time of examination
Patients are allowed to take carbohydrate diet before 24 hours when the appointment is fixed for scanning.
- It is important for the patients that they should not eat or drink 6 hours before the examination.
- If patients is suffering from diabetes, then he is allow to take medicine 4 hours before the examination.
- Patients should arrive 30 minutes before to PET scan room
- Patients are allowed to go for lab test if required by their doctors.
All these things are required by the patients before going for PET Ct scan. Apart from that, the professionals of best Pet CT scan centers in Delhi will also help the patients after the examination. They are allowed to
- Intake 5 glasses of water after examination.
- Mother’s who feed have to wait for 24 hours after the examination to feed again.
- If patients feel pain, vomiting and nausea, then they should inform their health care professionals.
- Staff is friendly and co-operative in nature. They can clarify your doubts in the best manner without leaving you confused.
Thus these are the post examination activity which needs to be considered by the health care professionals of the centers.