All of us yearn for natural looking young and glowing complexion. Having a naturally beautiful and flawless face is a gift to vie for. But then, there are many who have to take extra efforts to get that peaches and pink youthful skin. We have rounded up an easy and effective skin care regimen which will not only nourish your skin but you will be surprised how your face will be transformed from dull looking to a bright and lively one. So, here we go:
- Always remember to remove make up before retiring for the night. The skin has to be thoroughly cleaned and should be devoid of any chemicals. This will ensure that chemicals from make-up products do not clog skin pores and cause outbreaks or pimples. If you do not have a make-up remover, then dip a cotton ball in some olive oil and clean the face with it. Always choose organic beauty products brands.
- Wash your face 2 times a day with a mild, alcohol free cleanser and warm water. Do not pop or pick pimples as it can lead to permanent scarring.
- Scrub your skin lightly with a good exfoliant at least once a week. Exfoliating removes the outer layer of dead skin cells and reveals the underneath younger looking and fresh skin. You can try scrubbing the face with a mixture of walnut powder and yoghurt. Just remember not to scrub too hard.
- We cannot stress enough the importance of sunscreen in your daily skin care routine. Even a few minutes of exposure to harmful UV rays of the sun can cause skin problems like acne, pigmentation, wrinkles and sometimes skin cancer. Apply sunscreen religiously every day, irrespective of the season and whether you are indoors or outdoors. Choose one which has an SPF of atleast more than 15. It is advisable to consult a dermatologist before choosing a sunscreen for your skin type. Snow and beaches reflect more sunlight. Hence if you plan to visit these places, you have to carry a sunscreen of more than 30 SPF and reapply it generously at regular intervals. You can order one from any organic beauty products online store and get it delivered at your door step.
- Your complexion is directly dependent on the type of food you eat. So choose wisely what should be on your plate. Your diet should consist of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and protein rich foods (milk, eggs, lean meat etc.) Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of vitamins and antioxidants which have anti-aging properties and make the complexion glow.
Stay away from oily food. Eating processed food increases sugar and salt intake and depletes fibre which hampers the digestive process. When food is not digested and absorbed effectively, it reflects on the overall health of the body, including the face.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day. Hydrating the body well helps in smooth functioning of all body systems which eventually reflects on the face. Eat fruits and vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, oranges, musk melon, strawberries, apples, watermelon which are high in water content.
- Exercising has multiple advantages. It tones up the body and keeps you fit. Post exercise, the body releases endorphins, or the feel good hormones, which makes one feel good about themselves.
- A good night’s sleep ensures a fresh you every morning. If you do not sleep enough you may wake up with eye bags, groggy eyes and skin that looks tired.
To sum it up, keep away from stress, smile more often and make the above lifestyle changes to discover a radiant and blemish free skin.